Poster Presentation Formats
Poster boards are provided by the BME Department at the symposium venue. You are responsible for printing your own poster.
The poster boards provided are 4' wide by 3' high. They are foldable and contain three sections. The center section is 2' x 3'. The left and right sections are 1' x 3' each. You may use the full poster board, or just the center section if you wish.
The Microsoft PowerPoint template provided below is for a 4' x 3' poster.
You may also prefer to use other software, such as Adobe Illustrator, for creating your poster.
Another sample poster
- Make posters as self-explanatory as possible.
- Data should be clear and concise.
- Use photos, figures, diagrams and charts to illustrate pertinent points.
- Content should be large enough to be read 4' to 6' away. Do not use any font smaller than 24pt!
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms without giving their full form.
- Limit captions to a couple of sentences.
- Organize illustrations and text using a grid (e.g. columns).
- It is not necessary to include a copy of your abstract on the poster.
- Do not simply enlarge your paper!
Please keep in mind that anything you present at the Symposium constitutes a public disclosure. This means you should consider removing all confidential information from the presentation if you are interested in patent protection and have not yet filed a patent application. For more information please read 'Have an Idea?' on the USC Stevens Center for Innovation website.